Sunday, February 24, 2008

Linkin Park



Most of you think i'm crazy but yes, I am a huge fan of Linkin Park. They just have awesome combinations of Rap, Metal, Rock and Pop. It's amazing what they can do! You'll notice on my player I have two songs from thier new album "Minutes to Midnight". Hands Held High is about the Iraq war and Shadow of the Day is just a song i like. I'm not quite sure what it means, but I'll find out later. Anyway, I'd just like to say that they are pretty cool people off the stage. Mike Shinoda is my all-time favorite singer/rapper only because he's just a cool guy. He seems nice and his lyrics are awesome. Better than SOME other rappers' music. Some of that shit is just like "Gimme some p***y and some a**. Then summore ladies, kill some n****s. Then sleep on it." I'm like what the hell is this garbage?? It makes no sense except for the fact that they are just completely nasty all the time! But oh well, what are you going to do?

Next up is Joe Hahn and let me say, he's one pretty sweet DJ. He makes some killer raps for Linkin Park and some other bands, I'm told. If you get the chance, look up the songs "Cure for the Itch" and "Session". They aren't really songs but some raps that he put together that sound awesome. I can beat-box to some of it but I'm not nearly good enough for Mr. Hahn's DJing yet.

Then there is Pheonix, Brad Delson, and Rob Bourdon are the guitarists of this phenominal band. They are pretty sweet people, not like "aww how cute!" sweet but like surfer-termed sweet. Dave "Pheonix" Farrell just has an awesome nick-name, Brad just has a sick nasty afro and Brad ... well, he's just brad. Point is, they play great.

Last, there is Chester. He's the screamer. Yeah, most people just go "Shut up emo bastard" but guess what? He's not emo. He has to sing like that because that is what Linkin Park is somewhat famous for. The DJing, rapping and screaming all in one band. Can't go wrong, huh? But he and Mike are two awesome people in the band. Not because they are the most well known, but because they actually care about they're fans and other people. They are not all into thier "ego" either. Just look at some of thier pics on M Shinoda's blog (http://www.mikeshinoda.com/). He's not all cool or 'fresh' or anything like that. He looks like a human and same goes for Chester. They are just having some fun. Plus they're music is amazing.

Haha just thought I'd share.

1 comment:

missbrightside said...

Haha, aww. Sorry that it got stuck in your head!

If you like Linkin Park i'll have to send you a picture of the poster I made out of pictures from a calendar. It stretches from the floor to the ceiling.

=]