Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"Wiihabiliation" ... omg


Okay. I was lookin on Yahoo and I came across this article. It was odd because it was called "Wiihabilitation." I was curious so I checked into it. It had an elderly lady what looks like she's using the wii remote. Now I just HAD to check this out. I couldn't stop laughing when I read this because apparently the wii is used in some rehab establishments to help patients who are recovering from strokes, broken bones, surgery and even combat injuries. Wierd though effective, it is used to replace PT - physical therapy or as some patients would call it "pain and tortue." It's simliar to the excersices they do but ... hey cmon now. If you had to choose between playing a video game or go through "pain and torture", the choice is obvious. Duh, the Wii. Even wicked old people are playing it to help them feel thier arm again. I just thought that this was pretty awesome, considering video games are freakishly amazing!

No comments: